No matter how well you build it, or how long you test it, PC component failures can and will happen. Over our many years of experience, there’s very little that our techs haven’t seen from a support standpoint, but one of the most common has always been power supply failure. The key is being able to identify the source of the issue quickly so it can be addressed and corrected as painlessly as possible.
Signs of power supply failure
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, you may have a failing or completely failed power supply:
- Power-on Fails (system fails to start or lock ups)
- Spontaneous Rebooting
- Intermittent lock ups during applications
- Hard drive and fan fail to spin up simultaneously (+12 failure)
- Overheating of power supply due to fan failure
- Small brownouts that cause the system to fail and restart
- Electric shocks when the case is touched
- System completely dead and no LED lit on motherboard
- Smoke from the PSU or other components
- Local circuit breakers popping when the computer is powered on
If your Velocity Micro PC is experiencing one of these symptoms, or you have concerns about another type of component failure, our support team is available to help. All PCs we sell come with lifetime US-based support.
For more tips and guides like this, check out our new Support Hub.
Josh has been with Velocity Micro since 2007 in various Marketing, PR, and Sales related roles. As the Director of Sales & Marketing, he is responsible for all Direct and Retail sales as well as Marketing activities. He enjoys Seinfeld reruns, the Atlanta Braves, and Beatles songs written by John, Paul, or George. Sorry, Ringo.