The second week of FIFA 22 Pre Season is now approaching – and after a bumper kick off (albeit a slight delay), which saw a number of Gold-rated Rare players up for grabs, we’re expecting more of the same next week.
For those new to Pre Season, EA gives you a chance to start the next game with a load of decent players – that can be unlocked via challenges. These players can be used in the current game, but also carry over to FIFA 23.
So, what can we expect? Let’s take a look at what came out in last year’s FIFA 21 Pre season – courtesy of Reddit.
Last year, we saw Loan Players Packs (including a 86-90 Loan Player Pack) make an appearance in week 2 as well as an Icon loan.
There were also packs filled with 80+ rated attackers, defenders and midfielders – so if last year is anything to go by, week 2 of FIFA 22 Pre Season could be stronger than the first.
In terms of potential loan players – there is a plethora to choose from in that range. Just one quick look at the EA database brings up the likes of Mohammed Salah, Neymar and Karim Benzema are just a handful of the calibre you could end up with.
It’ll be interesting to see how Benzema, in particular, handles in FIFA 23. After an incredible season, arguably playing the best football he’s ever played, the 34-year-old’s 89 rating seems a little harsh – especially as he’s the favourite for the 2022 Ballon D’Or.
Remember, FUT Pre-Season rewards do not carry over from one console vendor to another (e.g. from the PlayStation line of consoles to Xbox’s or vice versa).
FIFA 23 Pre Season week 2 expected release time
Despite a delay in week 1, we expect the release to be 6 PM BST / 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET on the 20/08.
All FIFA 22 Pre-Season rewards are untradeable and FUT 23 rewards earned during Pre-Season will be granted by 13 October 2022. FUT 23 rewards can be redeemed by logging in to FUT 23 by 14 November 2022.
What were the FIFA 22 Pre Season week 1 Rewards?
We’ve listed the rewards below. As expected, they are not particularly exciting – so we’re looking forward to hopefully getting some hands on with loan players in week 2.
- Live FUT Friendly Objectives Rewards – Complete Objectives tied to the “Kick Start FUT 23” Live FUT Friendly to earn the following rewards in FUT 23:
Kick Starter Pack 1:
- 3 Rare Gold Serie A Players
- 3 Rare Gold Bundesliga Players
- 3 Rare Gold Ligue 1 Players
- 3 Rare Gold Premier League Players
- 3 Rare Gold LaLiga Players
- Warm up to FUT 23 – Complete limited repeatability Squad Building Challenges that refresh every 48 hours three times to complete the Group Objective and earn the following rewards in FUT 23:
Warm Up Pack 1:
- Gold Rare Player Contracts x5
- Two Rare Gold Player Pack