With Skullpiercer Rifling returning to Apex Legends Season 14, the Wingman is a force to be reckoned with.
The Wingman is one of the most popular weapons in Apex Legends since the game’s release but Respawn Entertainment made some shocking changes to the weapon this season.
The iconic Heavy Ammo weapon now uses Sniper Ammo, which hurts its ammo economy significantly.
READ MORE: Apex Legends Season 14 Tier List
Understanding The Season 14 Wingman Rework
Prior to the rework, Heavy ammo was easy to find and you could carry 60 ammo per stack in your inventory. Sniper Ammo on the other hand allows you to carry just 28 ammo per inventory stack, making it difficult for players to carry too much ammo for the Wingman. The weapon’s stats have remained unchanged.
Here is a summary of all the changes.
- Wingman now uses Sniper Ammo.
- It uses Sniper Magazines instead of Heavy Magazines.
- It can’t equip sniper scopes.
- It can equip 1X Holo, 1X HCOG, 1X Digital Threat, 2X HCOG, and 1-2X Holo scopes.
- Its movement stats including strafe and aim-down-sight speeds are unchanged.
The weapon can use Booster Loader and Skullpiercer Rifling attachments in Season 14. The Quickdraw Holster attachment isn’t available at the moment.
Apex Legends Wingman Hop-Ups
Skullpiercer Rifling boosts the bonus damage when landing headshots by 35%.
Boosted Loader reduces the weapon’s reload time if a reload is performed while the mag is close to being fully depleted, as well as adding 2 more rounds after doing so
Wingman Weapon Stats
- Type: Pistol
- Fire Modes: Single
- Ammo: Sniper
- Manufacturer: Brockhaurd Manufacturing
- Attachment Slots: Sniper Magazine, Pistol sights, Hop-Ups
- Rate of Fire: 156
- Damage per Second: 117
- Magazine Size: 6/7/8/9 (without Boosted Loader)
- Reload Time: 21. (without Boosted Loader)
Tips For Using Wingman in Apex Legends Season 14
Mastering the Wingman takes time as it is a single-fire weapon and you often go up against fast-moving targets. Here are some tips that can help you improve your accuracy and lethality with the weapon:
- Learn the weapon’s recoil pattern to improve your aim. If you manage to master its recoil, you’ll be able to land consecutive shots consistently.
- Wingman doesn’t slow you down, unlike heavier weapons like assault rifles and light machine guns. Use this to your advantage in gunfights and strafe as much as possible.
- The Digital Threat has some mixed opinions but it’s one of the most lethal attachments if you play Bangalore and Caustic. You can use your abilities to obstruct vision and use the Digital Threat to shoot enemies while they can’t see you.
- Pace your shots instead of rapidly firing the weapon. Timing your shots allows your shots to line up properly and reset your crosshair positioning.
To see the full list of changes in this season, you can check out the official Apex Legends S14 patch notes.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more